DPR prepares Immortal Regiment march, expects 170,000 participants

Donetsk, Mar 25 – DAN. The meeting of coordinators of the International Patriotic “Immortal Regiment” procession took place today in Donetsk with the participation of the DPR Head Denis Pushilin.

“We are preparing the events for the year of the Great Victory. The Immortal Regiment has become a tradition and this year should not be an exception. Preparations are important to that end.”

This year, the event is expected to take place across 19 DPR cities with participation of 170,000 people, 130,000 of them in Donetsk, to make it one of the biggest Immortal Regiment ever.

“If we will be quarantined, the event might be postpones, but we would like to avoid it. But we must be ready,” Pushilin said.

Last year, the international patriotic Immortal Regiment march joined 116 thousand people across the DPR on May 9.

Immortal Regiment is a public march on Victory Day in Russia and other countries with people carrying the photos of their relatives who fought in World War II.

It was first launched in Tomsk in 2012, and a year later was carried out in 120 towns. In 2014, residents of 500 towns in seven countries participated in the Immortal Regiment march. The move became an official event in Russia in 2015 gathering more than 500,000 people in Moscow alone.*ot

Related

Pushilin dismisses minister of Industry and Trade Eduard Armatov

DPR closes border with Ukraine on March 21 – Pushilin

Pushilin says the virus situation in DPR under control

DPR Head welcomes plan to set up platform for Donbass-Ukraine direct dialogue

admin

Добавить комментарий