What we know so far about the Astroworld Festival tragedy

Enlarge this image

Two people who knew an unidentified victim of a fatal incident at the Houston Astroworld concert embrace at a memorial on Sunday.

Robert Bumsted/AP


hide caption

toggle caption

Robert Bumsted/AP

Enlarge this image

Candles are seen outside of the canceled Astroworld festival at NRG Park on Sunday in Houston, Texas.

Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images


hide caption

toggle caption

Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images

Enlarge this image

Houston Chief of Police Troy Finner speaks at the press conference regarding the Astroworld Festival incident on Saturday in Houston, Texas. According to authorities, eight people died.

Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images


hide caption

toggle caption

Alex Bierens de Haan/Getty Images

Enlarge this image

Travis Scott performs on day one of the Astroworld Music Festival at NRG Park on Friday in Houston.

Amy Harris/Amy Harris/Invision/AP


hide caption

toggle caption

Amy Harris/Amy Harris/Invision/AP

Travis Scott performs on day one of the Astroworld Music Festival at NRG Park on Friday in Houston.

Amy Harris/Amy Harris/Invision/AP

An injured fan has already filed a lawsuit against him and other organizers of the festival.

Astroworld attendee Manuel Souza filed a lawsuit this weekend against Scott, Live Nation, and ScoreMore — another concert organizer, according to Billboard. He is asking for $1 million in damages.

Souza said in his lawsuit that the incident was a «predictable and preventable tragedy» and that organizers didn’t do enough to plan and prevent what unfolded. He also pointed to prior shows of Scott’s in which the rapper allegedly encouraged fans to act out.

Scott was arrested in 2015 after telling his fans to jump the barricades during his Lollapalooza performance and in 2017 for encouraging people to rush the stage at a performance in Arkansas.

More lawsuits for Scott could be on the way.

The brother of victim Danish Baig, who was killed during the crowd rush, told ABC13, that the family plans to hire an attorney.

Basil Baig told the news station that the family hadn’t heard from Scott or other event organizers.

«Travis Scott and his team and everyone associated in the event should and will be held responsible,» Baig told ABC13. «He [didn’t] stop the show even with people chanting and to stop the show. He allowed it this was a blood bath and all of it is on his hands.»

  • Astroworld festival
  • travis scott
  • Houston

Комментарии 0